Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
BABCP Accredited Therapist
BA(hons), PgCert, PgDip (CBT)
My name is Holly Taylor and I am a Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapist with over 12 years experience of working in mental health. I have spent 10 years working in NHS Psychological therapy services and 2 years working for voluntary organisations. In addition to this I have received extensive training in psychology and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT).
I am accredited by the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) http://www.babcp.com
I am professionally trained, specialising in working with individuals experiencing:
- Postnatal Depression
- Postnatal Anxiety
- Social Anxiety and shyness
- Panic attacks
- Generalised Anxiety and worry
- Health Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Low self esteem/low confidence
- Sleep difficulties
- Other obsessional difficulties (e,g trichotilomania)
* if what you are struggling with does not appear on this list please contact me and I will let you know if CBT could help or whether another therapeutic approach would be best suited to you needs.
Why do I do what I do?
The simple answer is that I care!
I have always been passionate about helping people improve and maintain good mental health, when you feel happy within yourself life is a whole lot easier and a lot more fulfilling! I believe that CBT empowers you to make real changes to your life and furthermore to be able maintain these changes.
My role is to guide you to use CBT to help you gain new knowledge and skills that can help you. It is a privilege to be this guide and in return I am committed to working as hard as I can with you to improve your well being.